About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I was school taught for grooming at FIAA, in Winter Park. I have worked at both large corporate grooming salons and small independent ones. Love this profession! I consider myself talented and gentle and love all the pets that come through my door... I have excellent references.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Vida is taking a turn for the worse...

Looks like today will end with much heartache...  Vida has taken a turn for the worse.  Yesterday evening she began to act sluggish and not enthusiastic when it came to nursing. Her color also became quite dark and purplish.

 I tried it all-bottle feeding (would have nothing to do with it), Karo Syrup (only got her up and going for a minute or two), Hydrating her with water (cried through it)--it just looks like the end is near. All I can do is keep her by her mother's side and covered with a blanket...  I kiss her every time I go by...

I feel defeated by death, after almost 9 nights of no sleep and constant vigil...  Death is not my friend--I have never like the damn "Grim Reaper..."  I don't do well when Death is near...  I have had way too much of it in my 39 years of life.  Starting with my father whom I lost at just 8 years of age.  To then see my grandfather, (mother's dad) whom I loved dearly and who lived with us, wither away at home from Lung Cancer when I was 14.  Lost my last living grandparent (mom's mother) March 1st of 2008 here in Winter Springs in the care of Hospice at my mother's home.  Saw her leave this world, also... My list of Death's visits feels neverending...

It is too soon.  I still think of BB and how I wanted to breathe life into her body...  How my friend Karen would feel on return-it was unbearable.  It is no different this time.  I learn no new lessons from Death visiting...  The pain is no less each time...  


Vida and I will meet again, in the end.  And she will be cured of all that ails her...  She will be a beautiful cream and white longcoated 2 lb. girl with tail wagging...  And she will slobber me with kisses.

Sorry to get so personal.  It's been a long week and tough fight.  I cannot keep my heart and mind from aching right now....  

1 comment:

Chaunalee said...

Oh! I am so sorry! Hugs and many prayers!! May Yahweh place His arms of comfort and joy around you!