About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I was school taught for grooming at FIAA, in Winter Park. I have worked at both large corporate grooming salons and small independent ones. Love this profession! I consider myself talented and gentle and love all the pets that come through my door... I have excellent references.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Vida is still not well, but still here...


She is at the Vets until 1pm.  They will give her another enema and keep a close eye on her.  Supplemental milk will also be given if needed.  I cried as I left her and told them to take extra special care of her!  "I want her to die at home with her mom and siblings--if the Doc thinks she has very little chance of survival." I said to Julia who works at the reception desk. I was assured by her that she would make sure she was being watched carefully... 

However, she did come home yesterday, after her first enema, and nursed a few times from Nini.  I did have to supplement because she just wasn't nursing as often as the others--and I didn't want her to become dehydrated.  So, she had a 3am feeding via syringe, because she will NOT TAKE A BOTTLE.  So, hard when they just reject that rubbery nipple--but I can see why--it is no where near as soft and supple as is mom's. More formula was given to her before I took her in this morning...

This morning, after not seeing her poop last night, I tried to give her a warm water enema on my own with a suctioner.  Seems to have gone in-she whined a bit-but nothing came out.  I had no choice but to run over the the Vets again...  Everyone was cooing over how beautiful and little she is...  Many warm wishes for her as I sat and waited for them to attend to her...  Everyone talked with me about how much their own animal meant to them...  No different from our human kids-we all agreed...  This is turning into a grueling never ending lesson--am not sure what I need to be taking from this???  As I said before, my heart will NEVER harden for any of my babies...  So, if that is the lesson I need to digest, then I suggest to the powers, to stop trying to shove it down my throat--they will not win! I will never become some callous breeder or person when it comes to the animals of our Earth.  I was born on Earth Day-April 22, after all...


Sorry to ramble this is just all taking a toll on my mind and I am physically worn out too...

I will post again after I pick her up at 1pm.  Please send her your positive wishes--I believe positive energy can work miracles...

2 comments:

Chaunalee said...

Your little Vida will heal and become as healthy as the others and the perfect buyer who will love her, ALMOST as much as you, will buy her. She will live a long happy and healthy life!
Cling to Him; for He loves you!
All my blessings and prayers!
Lee

Jessie said...

Oh Vida :( Please get well soon.

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))