About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I was school taught for grooming at FIAA, in Winter Park. I have worked at both large corporate grooming salons and small independent ones. Love this profession! I consider myself talented and gentle and love all the pets that come through my door... I have excellent references.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Vida is one tough cookie...


Vida has decided she wants to live...  She is a little fighter who wiggles her way around the little pool they are all in to find that nice warm milk coming from her momma.  Eventhough she gets tossled and shoved off many times, her resolve is constant...  Up she gets and goes right back to where she was headed.  Finally, she finds that spot that is meant for her and attaches.  All the others have doubled in size, or close to it.  She continues to weigh in at 4.4oz for the past two days.  No signs of dehydration.  I am faithfully dabbing her tongue with Karo every couple of hours.  I feel it is helping.  I know from the little knowledge I have of medicine, that glucose plays a big role in being able to metabolize food.  If your levels are too low, then whatever you ingest will not be converted into energy that the body can use and benefit from...  So, I will continue to dab her for a few more days--until something significant happens--and let's hope the significant change is positive....!!!


So, send Vida your positive thoughts and energy-- I have a feeling about this little girl--she will be a very special one for us if she makes it.........

2 comments:

Bob Disporto said...

Hi vida! You can do it, keep fighting!

- Your friends at chihuahua information online

Heather said...

I have been thinking about this little girl for the past few days & I'm happy to hear she is continuing to hold on! I can't believe just how tiny she is compared to her littermates - amazing! She certainly will be a special girl if she comes through this battle....

Possitive thoughts continuing to be sent Vida's way!! Beautiful litter btw!! :o)