About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I was school taught for grooming at FIAA, in Winter Park. I have worked at both large corporate grooming salons and small independent ones. Love this profession! I consider myself talented and gentle and love all the pets that come through my door... I have excellent references.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lazy, lazy....


Yes--I know--I've been lazy! Ok, so I have never been good at keeping a diary or journal... But, I will try harder at this... I am so insulted at not having found a home for Bingo--he is a true love and beautiful, eventhough he is on the bigger side--but, so what! It's the adult dog that you get out of the puppy that counts!!!! And he is worth way more than his asking price($500)!!! I have seen what is out there and there are many questionable chis where you have to drop your jaw and scream--what is that!!!! But, anyway, all that is good will come in good time... He will get a great home or he will end up here---which is very tempting at this point!

Nini's pups are getting much more active---soooo cute. You know people think that because I do this from home it is easier and cheaper to have these puppies---WRONG! Go to a pet store and you will be getting a cheap puppy that will show it as soon as you get home with it... It will 99% of the time be a puppy that was whelped in a cage out in the open element and had only it's tired and wasted mom care for it. Flies, mosquitoes, fleas and ticks surrounded it's mother and therefore the puppy--feces, pee & mucus covered the puppies and mom. Pedigree--well you know if you do get one--it's probably falsified. That is what you call producing puppies on the cheap--and it angers me to know that people undervalue what I do here at home...

My dogs whelp with me at their side--no matter what time of day or night. I immediately clean the puppies and suction them to help them take their first good breath of life. They are placed in basket with a heating pad and plenty of towels to keep them warm while mom is whelping the next one. They suckle from her right from the start because they are placed on her nipple by me. Everyone is cleaned up afterward. Clean blankets and towels are always placed under them once it is all said and done. Mom is only given the best quality food and my own preparations/recipes. Mom is fed 4 times a day and then in the wee hours of the night. They sleep, only, in my room until 6 weeks of age. Hey, let me tell you--I have had four children (human) of my own--and I still have not recovered from the sleep deprivation of that! Well, I continue to log in plenty of hours of sleep deprivation with my pups too! I'm not complaining--just letting the public know that this is a labor of love and it is not an easy one...

Ok, enough with that. Sorry, to bore or overwhelm anyone... I LOVE (ADORE) my dogs and puppies. I challenge anyone to disprove that.

Lucy had a fever this weekend and got seen yesterday. She had bloodwork done and was sent home with antibiotics. I'll know today what it is when the cbc comes back. =( It worries the hell out of me when they are not well---I can't see our lives without her--she has stolen my heart and mind...
Well until next time, see ya later chi lovers....

1 comment:

chi mum said...

Ana, I will agree with you that you take exceptional care of your dogs and the puppies they have. Hey, I have seen you the next morning, day after day when the babies are little and need all that extra love in the middle of the night. (sorry, run on sentence). You are a one of a kind breeder. All who have a baby from you should know that. Not only do you have beautiful and healthy pups, they also have great temperaments. I also think your prices are totally reasonable. Some of those sickly shop pups cost over $1000.00 and they aren't as cute as yours. They also tend to incur major vet bills to the new owner to try and get them better. So, to sum up... you are fabulous, your dogs are fabulous and anyone who thinks you are too expensive are not fabulous. And Bingo can always come and stay with me... big fat naughty grin.....